One Year Anniversary Fashion


Josh and I have been married for almost ONE YEAR. To those of you that are married, I think you can agree that time really does fly. I can remember the day we got engaged like it was yesterday. 

  • I have learned so much more about Josh just this last year than I did during our 3 1/2 years of dating. 
  • I am so grateful for his loving, generous, and tender heart. 
  • He is always there after a long day for me to vent or explain my frustrations.
  • He always encourages me to see other's point of view and try to understand where they are coming from.
  • He constantly challenges me to seek God before I seek guidance or peace from anyone else.
  • AND he's just the snuggliest (totally a word) and sweetest husband EVER. 



With all of that said, you REALLY know he's an amazing husband when he agrees to do an anniversary session. 

For those of you that don't know, it rained on our wedding day. It was actually pretty perfect for our personalities because we love rainy and cold days where we can just snuggle up on the couch, light a candle, and binge on Netflix. However, the rain didn't allow us to fully explore our venue and created quite the time crunch in our timeline. We barely finished family photos before the sun went down! 

We definitely did not get to experience all our venue has to offer, so I begged Josh to jump on board with an anniversary session with our amazing and talented bestie, Analisa Joy Photography.

I chose these images because I wanted to ultimately share where you can snag my outfits, so these pictures mostly show off the clothing. However, you can view even more beautiful shots on Analisa's blog here. If you're looking for a photographer for your wedding day, engagement session, proposal,  senior session or family session, THIS IS YOUR GIRL! 


This velvet dress was my absolute favorite piece from our session. It screams holidays and I can't wait to share some of our favorite images on our Christmas cards! 

To snag the complete look yourself, I have linked every piece I wore!





The white floral dress was my low-key bridal piece for the session. I miss being able to buy everything white! I wanted to find a beautiful piece that would compliment the venue and create a classically beautiful look. It's lightweight and extremely breathable! If you are purchasing this for an event, I would suggest throwing on a slip under it. It is a tad see through in person! 

The best part about this dress? It's currently 30% off and comes in SIX different colors! 

I also switched out my earrings with these Kendra Scott beauties to give this look a more delicate feel.






How amazing are these dock shots?! My top requested pictures for our visit back to Lake Oak Meadows!



Like I said, we are a sucker for cozy! Josh and I are both big on comfortable clothes, so I knew I had to end this session with a cuddly look. 

I recently started working for Stitch Fix and loved styling this outfit for our session. I get the question "Do you get to style yourself?" all the time and the answer is YES! I love styling myself and get just as excited about my Fix as everyone else does. If you have always wanted to try Stitch Fix, you can click here to learn more about our company and how we work!

If you would like to see these jeans and sweater in your next Fix, try mentioning in your request that you love the PINK CLOVER Ashby Pullover and Just USA Catriano Distressed Skinny Jeans. 
If these exact pieces aren't available, your stylist will do their best to find similar styles! I couldn't love this sweater more and have worn these jeans constantly since receiving them! They stretched out perfectly and have totally formed to my shape.

STYLIST TIP: Pin these looks to your Pinterest board so they can see what you like! 

Also, I can't leave out these amazingly adorable sneakers! I just love Target's new line A New Day!





How HANDSOME is my hubby?!?!?!
I just love him!


A huge thank you to my go-to glam squad! 
Shelby (makeup) and Brenna (hair) were my go-to ladies for our engagement photos AND my wedding day! If you're in SD and need the best of the best to help you with glam for a special event or your wedding day, these are your girls!

Shelby: Website // Instagram // Facebook
Brenna: Website // Instagram // Facebook

Thank you for following along and checking out my go-to styles for our session!

XO,
Riley

Comments

  1. It was a great idea to have a photo session on your anniversary. The pictures came out great and the affection between the two of you is clearly visible. I guess I too will experience such affection soon, since I’m getting engaged in a few days. We’re all quite busy preparing for my wedding, and I’m looking forward to having a memorable time at the NYC wedding venues.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts