Wedding Registry 2018


Wedding planning is something I haven't had to think about since October 2016. Some brides would say "praise Jesus hallelujah" because it was such a stressful process for them. Others would say "awww, I miss it!" because it was so much fun. I would say I'm in the middle, simply because I did do some DIY but then I also had two wedding planners, one that came with the venue and another that I hired. I chose to also hire my own planner because she is a sweet friend that I knew would keep me calm and take amazing care of all of us. She did just that and I could not be more thankful for having that calming presence during our day!

This post has to do with one of my favorite parts about getting married: REGISTRY. It was my favorite, but one of Josh's most dreaded tasks which I've talked about before on my blog. Bless his heart, he felt so guilty registering whereas I knew it was just part of the process and something people expect you to do. I should say, he felt guilty until I told him he could go crazy at Target and he registered for all of his favorite war movies and the Squatty Potty...

Now that almost two years have passed since our big day, I wanted to include an updated registry list for all of you getting married and/or attending weddings this summer! Especially since I've been way more active in the kitchen since moving to Houston. These pieces can be found at Amazon, Target, Macy's, Anthropologie, and a few other favorites, so if you already shop here, this post may be a good match for you!

HERE WE GO....



AMAZON:
The two products above and below have been lifesavers since I've fallen in love with this chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you have a small kitchen and/or limited counter space, this cookie rack will be life changing! 


Josh was so excited to see me open something at our bridal shower that was mainly for him!
This took kit has been put to work, especially since moving into our apartment here in Houston!



ANTHROPOLOGIE:

 

These latte bowls are my absolute favorite. You can get them in a fun ombre collection or all one color. Be sure to check out all of the different colors they come in!

 


 

 

 

 

Don't be afraid to register for honeymoon must haves like this adorable neck pillow!

 

So we also have the glasses above, but with a water spout symbol. They have held up so well over the almost two years and even survived my crappy packing skills during our move, haha! I love the adorable rooster on this version for your milk if you're like me and drink milk. In my adult life, I have been judged SO HARD on my obsession with milk, but I say get on with your milk loving self! LOL!

 

I LOVE spoon rests. Such a life changer so I'm not wasting paper towels to rest my utensils on or dirtying my counters unnecessarily. 

 

I have loved adding colorful pieces to my kitchen and could not be more in love with all of Anthro's summer pieces. The more color the better! Very Pioneer Woman in my opinion :)

 

NORDSTROM:



 

I had a really hard time transitioning out of my parent's home into living with Josh in terms of sleep. I had some major sleep issues and spent many nights tossing and turning. I tried everything I could possibly think of and didn't find some relief until my bestie Amanda gifted me a diffuser and some lavender oil. I don't use oils in many other aspects of my life, but this was such a blessing because I finally started sleeping!!! I put my diffuser right on my nightstand and also did my best to take hot showers while rubbing oil on the walls of our shower each night. If you are about to move into a new home with your significant other, I would suggest registering for this just in case. If you have no problem, you can still diffuse oils for other things such as anxiety, which I also struggle with.
 

This blanket above is not your average blanket. I'm telling you, Barefoot Dreams blankets are on my bucket list. I need to own at least once in my life!!!

  

One of my favorite country singers, Russell Dickerson, and his wife Kailey have insta-storied how they love cooking with their sous vide AND Josh was just telling me how one of his co-workers also has loved his experience with it. Definitely worth looking into! This one has great reviews at Nordstrom.
Also, make sure you are following Russell & Kailey on Instagram. 
They are the CUTEST. 
@kaileydickerson
@russelled

MAGNOLIA:


It's no secret that Josh & I love all things Magnolia, Fixer Upper, etc. 
We made a trip to the Silos for my birthday since we live less than 3 hours away and I was able to smell the candles below in person. Definitely grabbing both during our next trip!!! You can order them online :)






This wreath is such a stunning accent in our home. They are beautifully made and ours also held up wonderfully during our move!


This sign is one of our all time favorite decorations in our home and is AMAZING quality.
It's just a bonus that it's from the book of Joshua ;)






MACY'S:
 
I specifically added this set of bakeware, simply because my grandmother had this brand in her cupboards and i'm sure still does to this day. This set had me all nostalgic and I decided I need them ASAP!

 

 

 

I saw a report a little while back that said wood cutting boards are better to use versus plastic because they are tougher and you won't find as many deep scratches on the surface where bacteria can hide. 

 

I totally let Josh talk me into registering for a very simple caterer's set of dishes from Pottery Barn because you get a ton of dish ware for the price, but I do wish sometimes that I had fun dishes like the style I've linked above!

 

  

  
I swear by OXO grip bowls. These have also held up beautifully over the almost two years since we received them!

 
This adorable Kate Spade silverware set is timeless & classic. We had friends that bought them after loving our set!

 

This set of kitchen utensils truly includes everything you could need to get started. Pizza cutter, ice cream scoop, can opener, utensils newlyweds on a budget REALLY need. 

 

Both this trash can and these towels are two of our favorite registry items.
We have the rose gold/copper version of this trash can, but it hasn't been back in stock since our wedding. However, there are three other color combinations you can chose from!

These towels also come in many different colors!

  

 


 

This wine opener was a pick by my husband. I don't even know if I registered for it, but he picked it up while we were making a return at Macy's and has loved using it!

 

 


This suitcase is on CRAZY sale right now!!!
I didn't have a suitcase for our honeymoon so I had asked my parents if I could borrow one of theirs. My dad was at TJ Maxx that day and found a bright pink hard case suitcase that I absolutely fell in love with and gifted it to me. This is a very similar style, so I was excited to link it for y'all. 


 

TARGET:


Who knew I could get SO excited about a shower curtain and hooks?! 
These two are beautiful additions to our bathroom and this curtain really makes a statement. I'm in love!!!



I have cooked at least five or six recipes from Joanna Gaines' new cookbook and we have loved EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. 
This is the cheapest I could find the book online/in store, but you can also try Costco as well.
I believe I saw it there for $16ish, but don't hold me to it.


Sooo, we may or may not sleep with seven layers on our bed. Well, I sleep with six and Josh sleeps with seven. One of those layers is a cozy soft blanket very similar to this style! If you live in a cold weather state, this could be a life saver in the winter.



This blanket is a great throw blanket for the couch. We are currently using it as one of our bed layers, haha!


So I actually didn't register for this adorable piece, but Josh's aunt got it for us as a shower gift and I love it! She even threw a fake plant in that little tin cup and wrote Schimpf on the chalkboard for us. SO SWEET!


This tray can be an adorable piece to use as decor on your bed when it's made up or on your coffee table.

DOOR MATS:

Who doesn't love a fun doormat?! 
This is such a great item to register for!
 








BEST SHEETS EVER:

Josh & I have fallen in love with these sheets. I don't know if it's because we have a california king, but it was so hard to find sheets that wouldn't slip off by the time I woke up in the morning. It happened just on my side, so I must be some crazy sleeper! These sheets from Overstock have a deep pocket that we love and also have amazing reviews.


I hope this helps some of you out!
Don't hesitate to email me at itsthegirlriley@gmail.com with any questions!

XOXO,
Riley










Comments

Popular Posts