#TargetTuesdayWithRiley

Welcome to the FIRST #TargetTuesdaysWithRiley!

I am so excited to start this new chapter of my blog!
I pride myself on being a decently organized person, so while brainstorming ways to ramp up the content on my blog, I knew it would be best to pick a day to dedicate to one of my favorite things.
I asked you on my Instagram stories if y'all would be interested in a weekly post of my Target favorites and the "yes" responses were overwhelmingly amazing. 

So this weekend I went to Target and looked for some of my favorite pieces to share with you!
If there are specific categories you want to see me cover, there will be a chance to share those with me on my Instagram stories today.


*I want to start this try-on session with a real comment because we all know I love to be transparent with y'all! This is not a baby bump you're seeing in this dress. This is a weird pooch thing that has been hanging out since my miscarriage. I have learned to love and accept my curves over the past couple of months, but I've also been in the gym five days a week to shrink this thing. Only time will tell! But now you know why I don't stick with medium dresses most of the time. Well, that and the length of course! 

Dress is a medium & kimono is one size

I love this bold kimono that can basically be thrown over any neutral outfit whether it be a shift dress like this or jeans and a white tank top. Make that shorts and a white tank top if you're in a state like Texas where summer will hang around for at least a couple more months. 

This dress is also available in burgundy & indigo. It was extremely comfortable and is a great throw-and-go option for the warm weather you may be having.



 *Wearing a medium

This dress is so darling. It's extremely lightweight and does come with a white lining. It would look great this fall with a denim jacket and a pair of cognac ankle booties. I would say it definitely fits true to size.



*Jumpsuit is a size large and kimono is one size

I am loving kimonos right now! I have so may pieces in my closet that could be styled with a fun statement piece like a kimono, especially a solid color like this. Even though it has a design, you can still pattern mix this with a striped or floral top. Or in this case, a striped jumpsuit!


*This jumpsuit is only available in plus sizes online.
I would definitely suggest checking your local Target if your size is not online because it ended up being only $20 on sale! It's another great lightweight piece that can later be worn with your go-to flats or ankle booties and an olive green cargo jacket for fall.


How gorgeous is that embroidery detail?!



*Wearing a medium in both the top and skirt

This is the most adorable casual outfit to style this summer and as you transition into fall. This top was extremely comfortable and is available in three other colors. It is longer, I just have it tucked into the skirt.
I actually didn't expect to love the skirt as much as I did! The button detail down the front is a fun preppy/boho detail.
This outfit is only $35!



*Wearing a medium in the tops and size 10 in the jeans

*These are the most simple pieces of my entire try-on session but hands down my favorites. 
These jeans fit like a glove and I will absolutely be going back to purchase them for fall since they are only $25!

*These tops came home with me. If you don't know this already, I am a sucker for anything soft and cozy and so is my husband! If I wear anything that has a fabric like these tops do, he is even more cuddly than he usually is (which is already quite a bit!) HAHA! Sorry babe 😬😬




*Wearing a size 10

My sweet friend Analisa got me a floral pair of these sandals for my birthday a couple years ago and I still wear them a ton. Definitely worth trying if you don't want to spend the money on Birkenstocks! 




Y'all the backpack obsession continues! I am thinking I will get one before our trip to San Diego this month because the backpack I currently have looks like it belongs to a 5 year old with the floral print. Time for a big girl backpack!



*This is the color I would probably go with. It's also slightly smaller and can be worn as either a crossbody or a backpack. I love the versatility!



*I wear a size large

These shorts are currently available in three other colors and less than $10!!!
I just grabbed a pair a couple weeks ago because I have been dying for more sleep shorts and they are extremely comfortable. Definitely worth stocking up on with that awesome price point.



These shoes are available in three other colors and on sale for just $12.50!
I love the pink color for summer but they also come in some darker colors for the fall season. 



How fun is this duo for your little guy for the fall season?!
*I promise I will share more boy outfits next time, they were just a little picked over when I went.

*If you don't know this, I am about to have EIGHT nieces and nephews by the end of 2018. 
Josh and I started dating a couple months before his sister Laura found out she was pregnant with the first baby of the eight so I have been blessed enough to watch each of my little loves grow since the day they were born. I just adore each and every one of them!

With that said, I have a few years of baby/toddler shopping under my belt ;)
(Elijah is the oldest and he just turned 4 in January!)

I was excited when y'all said you would be excited to see my favorite kids clothes and I promise this is just the beginning.



How darling is this set of three hats for just $7?!
Available in newborn or 0-6 months.



*I get so excited when I find a fun jumpsuit in my size so finding this mini jumpsuit made my heart burst! Girl clothes are just so much fun!



Most of you already know this but I am a sucker for the fall season. 
Pumpkin spice lattes, Hocus Pocus, changing leaves, apple pie....
I love it all!

Well, this adorable little dress pumps me up for the fall season and has me wondering if this is available in my size.



Another favorite of mine? PLAID.
How many plaid shirts do I own? TOO MANY. 
But eeeeeeevery year, I manage to find colors I don't have and always end up with a new color combination because they are just so comfortable.

With that said, it's not shocking that this plaid top was a favorite of mine from the toddler section!



Did I really do a flat lay in the middle of the toddler section at Target?
Yes, yes I did.
I mean, come on girl moms, is this not just the most adorable pairing?!



Target sure knows how to make blankets! I am such a sucker for a cozy blanket and we definitely don't have a shortage in our household. 

This blanket is available in three other colors and is definitely a must have in your household this fall! It would be great for a throw blanket on your bed since it is available in larger sizes.



*If you're looking to brighten up your bathroom, definitely check out Opalhouse's pieces. 
This brand also makes bath towels, washcloths, soap dishes, soap/lotion dispensers, toothbrush holders, bath rugs, bathroom trays, bathroom wastebaskets, bathtub/shower mats, and toilet brush holders.



Hearth & Hand gets me every time!
This power room sign is definitely on my list of pieces to purchase for our apartment. It would be adorable in your bathroom but I also love the idea of hanging it over your bathroom door.



*This is the piece we currently have our Magnolia wreath hanging on in our living room. It is one of my favorite decorations I have ever purchased and would also look adorable with a wreath over a bed or in the entry way of your home.



How fun are these new signs from Hearth & Hand?! 
Such a fun idea for a kids bathroom. 




I hope y'all enjoyed my first #TargetTuesdaysWithRiley and I can't wait to share more goodies with you next week! Check out my insta-stories (@thegirlriley) to share with me the categories you want to see me cover in the future!

XO,
Riley


Comments

Popular Posts