And the journey begins...

Hello blog world!

Before I tell you all why i'm here and starting this blog, let me tell you a little about myself. My name is Riley and I am a 21 year old living in the beautiful city of San Diego, CA. I've grown up in a small town within this miniature paradise and have lived here since I was 1. I attended a high school that is known for "the big red barn out front" and my town is known around the world for their rodeo. Growing up in this place, it's quite obvious why I now as an adult have a strong love for country music and my life-long dream is to visit Nashville someday. However, that's about all the country I have within me. I currently live with my amazing parents that have been married now for almost 22 years and a constantly growing brother who has the biggest heart and knows what he wants out of life. In addition, I also have the worlds best boyfriend that God blessed me with and some of the most loving and inspiring friends a girl could ask for. The people in my life are constantly getting married, having babies, moving, and starting new jobs, all while dealing with heartbreak, blessings, and just over-all moments in life that make or break you and they've all handled it with such grace. These are the people that inspire me to live the life that I live and to grow the way I've always wanted to. You know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

When I first started college, I had the dream of becoming a broadcast journalist. Growing up, my dad always told me "You could be that news anchor! That should be you Riley!" Well, his words inspired me to follow that path. I even made a special trip to visit my cousin who was working for MSNBC in Washington D.C. at the time with the talented Norah O'Donnell, a well known news anchor around the world. When visiting one of the news rooms, a man that worked on set looked at me and said, "Don't do this job. Not unless you can balance your family, work, and have a life at the same time." No one had ever challenged my career choice like that before and it forced me to think long and hard. I continued to pursue journalism but had lost my passion for being in front of the camera. Around the time I was debating changing majors, I started a new job and began spending most of my paychecks at a little clothing store called Vita Luna Boutique. Flash forward a couple years and I am now helping out at this little clothing boutique on the weekends and have changed my major to small business & entrepreneurship. Being around owners Leah & Tracy and seeing first hand how to run a business has been one of the best learning experiences I've ever had. They have the biggest hearts and truly have a passion for what they do while being full time moms as well. In August of 2013, I was desperate to find a job that could give me flexibility and a passion for what I do. While browsing LinkedIn after a professor had introduced me to the business website, I found an ad for a job as a Merchandiser for a jewelry company called Chloe + Isabel. They wanted someone who could sell their jewelry line by networking to their friends, family, and community while hosting trunk shows and working from home. DID I HEAR THIS RIGHT? My dream job was literally sitting right in front of me. I quickly sent in an application and the next morning received a call from the fabulous Jensine, a Sales Development Associate with Chloe + Isabel. She wanted to tell me how interested she was in having me join their family and that I would make a great addition to the team. The second she said those words, I was sold. Ever since then, I have been working for Chloe + Isabel as a Merchandiser selling some of the most beautiful, stunning, and affordable jewelry I've ever gotten my hands on. I have had such support from my regional manager Kyle, my entire northwest team, and my friends & family.

Along with these job and school changes, I have began a walk with God. I have always had faith but unfortunately in possessions and relationships with the wrong people, not in my creator. I knew the path I wanted to take but never had the motivation to go to church or find people that shared my same views. That all changed when Josh came into my life. Josh is my boyfriend of almost a year and my best friend. He grew up in a Christian based household with the most loving three older sisters & parents. When high school approached, he began attending a Christian school where his learning about God continued. Knowing his knowledge about God and how much I could learn from him was just one of the many reasons I fell in love with this man. He has always motivated me to chase my dreams and go after what I want. Our relationship grows daily because of our love for each other and because we have a Christ centered relationship. But just like any other relationship, we experience ups and downs, moments of strength and weakness, and are constantly learning new things about each other. I honestly wouldn't have it any other way and I can't wait to see what our future holds.

Now after finding all of this out about me, you might be wondering why I have decided to blog or what the whole point of this really is. I have a passion for life; plain and simple. I am a young woman that is constantly growing in my faith and relationship with not only God but myself as well. I am a young woman that has a loving boyfriend who doubles as my biggest supporter and cheerleader. I am a young woman that has an insane love for fashion. I am a young woman that runs her own business. I am a young woman that loves her girlfriends and good wine. I am a young woman who comes from a loving family that keeps me her check. But most importantly, I am a young woman who has flaws. I'm not perfect, and I never will claim to be. I don't know all there is to know about Christianity, God, or the bible but I'm constantly learning and growing. I don't know every one of the latest fashion trends, but I know what I like and what I want to wear. And I sure as heck have no idea where this path will take me but I do know that I love to write and share stories. Stories about being a college student that struggles while trying to be as independent as possible, about someone that relies on the people around her more than she likes to admit, and about me being myself.

This blog with consist of my favorite fashions, inspiring words, telling you what makes me passionate about life, and just an overall sense of love and happiness. I want you all to see who I am and all I ask is for you to allow me to do so. I'm not starting this blog as a claim to know everything about anything, but I am starting it as an outlet and a way to give you a peek into my life and everyday triumphs and tragedies. I hope you all can respect what I do and how I choose to express myself. That is all I ask. :)

Stay tuned for more because I have much more to give...

XO-
Riley
Photo by: Analisa Joy Photography <3



Comments

  1. Love it Riley! Can't wait to read more. xo -d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go, Riley go! Love it my friend! It's all coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to blogging Riley! It's such a fun and wonderful experience. I have had one in the past and recently revamped a new one to restart blogging as well! It's quite addicting. I love you and can't wait to read more! :) <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts