Rainy Day Fashion Favorites

Happy rainy day San Diego! How many of you are also loving this sweater weather?!
Here is a little sneak peek of an amazing photo shoot I did with the amazing Analisa Brookshier this past week! She is a dear friend and one of the best photographers in the business. This sweater is also available right now at Vita Luna Boutique.
I can't begin to tell you how many "FLASH FLOOD" warnings I've gotten on my phone today! The rain is here and i'm pretty sure half of us are excited as can be and half of us are beyond annoyed. I think one thing we all can agree on is the fact that Californians are oblivious as to how to drive in the rain. Just on my coffee run alone this morning, I saw one bad accident and witnessed a man treating a red light as a stop sign. People scare me. I'm that girl that got her license almost a year late because I was more afraid of other drivers than myself so it's safe to say, I hate driving in the rain. 

However, I am one that LOVES snuggling up when it rains and i'm sure every other woman (and many men) can agree with me that they love doing the same thing when this weather comes into town. I dream of days when I can crawl into bed, light my favorite Bath & Body Works candle, and put on my favorite movies. When it rains, unfortunately i'm not able to always do that. There are definitely many days that I've been forced to go to work or run errands out in the rain and i'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my big white comforter and fuzzy blankets on those days. Because I know so many of us out there have been in both situations, I thought it would be so fun to do a post about my favorite rainy day clothes and accessories! Some I own and some I've seen online and have been dying to spoil myself with, so if any of you decide to snag these adorable pieces and try them for yourselves, please let me know how you love them!

I'd be lying if I said there weren't days that I stayed in my pj's all dang day! I am definitely someone that could live in my boyfriend's old college lacrosse sweats all day but there is nothing I love more than spoiling myself with cute new pajamas! Nordstrom & Forever 21 take the cake on most adorable pajamas ever.
1/2/3

As far as sweats go, I love love love the skinny styles the most! I really feel more comfortable owning sweats that still have a sense of style to them and help me keep my figure. I like having comfy clothes for road trips, running errands, bible study, and other things like that so these two need to make their way into my wardrobe ASAP. 
1/2

I discovered the company Walk In Love while doing some Christmas shopping this past year. Ever since I've stumbled upon their website, I've been hooked. They are a Christian based company with apparel and accessories to die for. Not only is their stuff adorable and reasonably priced, but the sayings on each and every item can lift you up and take you out of your worst mood. I've purchased two of their coffee mugs and one of their t-shirts for Josh as Christmas & Valentine's Day presents, but have yet to spoil myself! The two tops i'm using in this post are so cozy looking and have "spring style" written all over them!

I am also, just in general, in love with the color pink as well as the brand PINK from Victoria's Secret. While shopping around on their website recently, I found this comfy sweatshirt that reminded me why I just love this color so very much. These beauties will keep you cozy no doubt.
1/2/3

Last but not least are my favorite rainy day accessories! 
Ashley Brooke Designs continues to blow me away with absolutely ADORABLE pieces. This mug and notepad can help inspire you on your cozy day in and hopefully this mug will motivate you to take the time to watch Mean Girls as well. ;) I'm obsessed with her work. 
Southern Jewlz and Three Bird Nest are two of my favorite small businesses to support and they have some of the best fashions I've ever seen. These hats from Southern Jewlz are key to keeping your hair out of your face when you're out running errands in the rain and they are some of the cutest hats ever. Also, for those of you lucky enough to stay in bed on these days, Three Bird Nest has the coziest of socks as well as scarves and headbands. <3
1/2/3/4

Just to add my personal touch to this post, here are some of the outfits I've been staying cozy in while running around town!




I hope you all love this post as much as I loved putting it together! Please drive safe and stay as cozy as possible! Take this time to cuddle up with your loved ones and have a romantic night in! Oooo la la!

XO- Riley

Comments

  1. I am LOVING your blog so far! You remind me so much of myself in so many different ways! I also have a fashion and lifestyle blog that I unfortunately don't update as much as I'd like to, but it's still nice to reflect on and update when I get the chance! And I also read your post about how you wanted to become a news anchor, and that was my dream too! I have a good friend named Phil who's a news anchor over at CBS8 and as amazing as the jobs seems, he also reminded me about how much time you must sacrifice and how hard it is to adjust to such a new and demanding lifestyle. Even though I don't want to exclude anchoring just yet from my career choices, I recently got a wedding planning internship that I am extremely excited about! All while being a student, daughter, sister, girlfriend, and friend. I think what I love most about your blog is your ability to be so real, it is so refreshing. I love that you acknowledge that every day may not be good, yet there is always something good in every day. And your positivity is so inspiring and beautiful, I am excited for what else is to come from your blog! And it is so awesome that you are from San Diego as well! :-) Keep up the great work, Riley!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts