My first ever prayer journal & a HUGE thank you!

Happy Wednesday!

First and foremost I have to say thank you from the bottom of my heart. I have received the best feedback and the sweetest comments from those of you that took the time to read my entry yesterday and my heart is truly exploding with joy. I hope I can continue to share words that you can all appreciate and love. With that said, on the right hand side of this page, you can subscribe to my blog OR you can follow my page on bloglovin.com.

Now, what I'm sharing today is more on the personal side and I have a feeling it's going to be one of my favorite posts because it's pushing me completely out of my comfort zone. When I met Josh, I inherited some of the greatest friends. Going to a Christian school, he and his friends shared an important passion and love for God. Being new to Christianity and still being someone who was trying to figure out her relationship with God, I was extremely anxious about attending his regular bible study. I was never pressured into going but the door was always open but I knew Josh wanted me to meet these important people in his life. After getting over my crazy fears, I made the decision to go and it has been one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life. (Side note: If you have never attended a bible study and want to have a relationship with God, I highly encourage you to join a small group of any kind.) The bible study I now attend every Wednesday night consists of some of Josh's closest friends from high school, their significant others, and just amazing friends of friends that Josh and I have even met at the same time. Trent and Analisa are the amazing married couple that allow us to take over their house every week and they are also two of Josh's absolute best friends that have very quickly have turned into two of my favorite people. This bible study consists of the biggest hearts, the funniest minds, and the greatest characters. We all love each other and support each other and some of us have only known each other for a few months. It is truly an unspeakable bond that I have never before experienced. Sharing the word with people your age and people that want only the best for you is beyond empowering.

With that said, when a group of people from our bible study decided to go on a missions trip to Belize, we couldn't be more excited for them! After lots of prayers and donations, they were able to have a life changing trip that consisted of meeting new people, bringing people to know God, stepping out of their comfort zone, and being introduced to the act of writing in a journal and doing devotionals every single morning. Personally, I've never been one to journal, however I have been one to read a devotional but hadn't in quite some time. After hearing their testimonies and how much they were able to connect with God on a different level after taking the time to sit and only write to him while focusing on his word, I was inspired. As a new Christian looking for that relationship, I made the decision that I was going to try this journal idea. After a couple weeks of talking more with my friends about it, I got even more motivated but was still slightly hesitant. "What if nothing happens?" "What if I don't feel the connection everyone else has?" Both thoughts crossed my mind and I quickly realized this isn't only about me. This is about faith. Faith that God will make himself present in my life and faith that I will make an effort to welcome his presence with open arms. So today, I took that first step and wrote my first ever journal entry. Because i'm so new at this, I used the Jesus Calling devotional as a guide and looked over some of my favorite verses for motivation and inspiration, always starting with Proverbs 31:25: "She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future."



With all of this said, I want you all to remember one thing. I am a new Christian and a Christian that doesn't know everything there is to know about Christianity. A year ago, I never could have, nor would I have wanted to, write a post like this for all to see. I would've been far too afraid of what people would think and would feel like I was preaching when I didn't have the right to. But what I am doing here is just speaking from the heart. Whether you are a believer or not, I encourage you to write your feelings down in a safe place in any way that you feel comfortable. Just give it a chance and see how you feel. I am grateful for this chance to share the deepest places in my heart and my life. I felt like making my first post about my faith would set the tone for what is to come. Will I only write about this topic? No. I want this blog to consist of my every day adventures with topics varying from clothes, my friends, my spontaneous trips to Disneyland, my jewelry business, my family, the many showers I attend (baby & bridal), the many lives I get to see change before my eyes and SO MUCH MORE. There is so much to me and i'm willing to share if you're all willing to listen.

Thank you for taking the time to read this piece of my heart.
XO-Riley

Pieces in the picture:
The Jeremiah Study Bible/ Jesus Calling/ Moleskin Journals

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing girl! I love Jesus Calling, it's become one of my favorite little devos when I don't have a lot of time in the am. And that verse in Prov is also a favorite! Isn't God's Word amazing? I've loved hearing a little of your story, can't wait to learn more. XO d

    ReplyDelete
  2. TGOR thank you for sharing. You are amazing! Your storing of faith is very encouraging.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts