Oscars Fashion & My Personal Photo Shoot

Happy Tuesday my loves!

Alright, alright, alright, I must admit, i'm in the best mood and have been ever since I started this blog. Having this outlet has helped so much with my stress level and the amount of love I've received has just been icing on the cake. I am constantly getting the sweetest texts, compliments, and random comments about my posts on here, Facebook, and Instagram (@thegirlriley). This new path i'm traveling down has allowed me to share what's in my heart, re-build and build friendships, and most importantly I've been able to see what God is doing with my life and how I've been able to help others. For that I am so very thankful.

Another thing i'm extremely thankful for is my recent photo shoot with Analisa Joy Photography. Analisa is a friend of mine that I met through Josh. She and her husband Trent are two of Josh's best friends and are individuals that he holds near and dear to his heart. Meeting important people in Josh's life made me extremely nervous but Analisa has gone above and beyond to make me feel welcomed and has become a close friend and someone I can confide in. When I asked her about doing a lifestyle shoot, she was just as excited as I was! I gathered my favorite outfits and jewels and patiently waited for the day of my shoot. Let me just say that I have never had professional pictures taken all by my lonesome. Family pictures, yes, but never have I ever had the focus all on me. I had no idea what to expect but I knew that with her talent and the help of her amazing second shooter and our friend Chelsea, it would be everything I wanted and more. And it was. I am so excited to share with you some of my favorites and the link to her blog post of the shoot! :)

















 







Pieces from the shoot:

Okay, on to some big time fashion! Who watched the Oscars?! Well if you didn't you missed a whole lot of beautiful fashions and some pretty amazing speeches. Matthew McConaughey hands down had one of the best thank you speeches I've ever heard. Any man who thanks God and his family gets major points in my book. Lupita Nyong'o also captured my heart that night with her tear filled words and the complete shock on her face. Moments like that is what the Oscars are all about, right?! Another moment that captured my heart was when  Frozen (my new favorite movie) won Best Animated Feature Film & "Let It Go" won Best Original Song. Josh will be the first to tell you that I jumped up both times and did a happy dance. Embarrassing, I know. Oh, and if you want to know who won all of the awards that didn't make headlines, just assume it was Gravity. They won just about every single award that had to do with special effects and other awards in that area. Not only did this years Oscars create some memorable moments, they also provided some of the best fashions I've seen in a while. Naturally, I was quick to analyze each dress and their jewels! I put together some of my favorite dresses and some inexpensive options for the jewels that stole the show! Chloe + Isabel of course! :)

 Ivory & white were the colors of the night and I couldn't be more in love with these styles!




Now, for the jewels!
Lupita Nyong'o: 

 
Margot Robbie:
-Crystal Square Stud Earrings
-Brilliant Crystal Studs
-Retro Glam Square-Cut Crystal Necklace
-Brilliant Crystal Necklace

Kelly Osbourne:

Cate Blanchett:
Emma Watson:

I hope that this post gives you all the opportunity, if you haven't already, to visit my jewelry site and check out some of these amazing pieces that I've fallen in love with. Aside from Chloe + Isabel, I hope you overall enjoyed another fashion post! I'm having so much fun putting all of this together and appreciate your constant support. For those you that aren't as big of fashion fans, I promise you, a post from my heart is coming very soon!

XO- Riley

Comments

  1. you're absolutely stunning Riley. Josh should be thanking his lucky stars hehe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts