Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018- Try On Session

Alright ladies!
My first try-on sessions from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 are here.
Let me start by saying, I someday hope to be able to take full advantage of this sale. I would love to be able to share more products with y'all but...
1. My budget just won't allow it.
2. The Nordstrom I went to was verrrrrry picked over. It was rough. But I do love the looks I was able to create! 
UPDATE 7/22/18: I was able to head to a new Nordstrom this past weekend and tried on more pieces! The first set of fitting room try-ons are the most recent.

I plan on heading to another Nordstrom this weekend to look for pieces that aren't included in this post! Fingers crossed I can photograph more goodies for you. Until then, here are some of my personal purchases and the pieces I was able to try on in-store. For height references, I am 5'7" and will make note of what sizes I got for each product.


*I can see why everyone LOVES this cardigan! This is one of my favorite pieces I've tried on yet. But really, when do I not like something Free People? I am my mother's daughter after all. I'm wearing a M/L but could probably size down. Also comes in black and ivory.

*These leggings are another piece I have seen a ton of fabulous reviews about. I fell in love with them too! A definite fall must-have! These leggings are almost sold out, so if they have your size available, I would definitely order them ASAP. I'm wearing a large but they were pretty big in the waist so I could have sized down. They also come in olive green.


Yeahhhhh, my hair went up REAL QUICK. Try on sessions can make a girl overheated!


*I'm wearing a size large in the top and 29 in the jeans.
I definitely had to squeeze into these jeans and would normally do a 30!

*If I wasn't ballin' on a budget, I DEFINITELY would have taken this top home today. 
CURRENTLY RESTOCKED IN A SIZE LARGE ONLY! Seriously, one of the softest tops I've ever worn!!!


*Wearing a size large in the plaid top but definitely could have sized down since it's a boyfriend style. This top comes in 4 different colors!
*This long sleeve is just about sold out online, but again, I would definitely see if your store carries them and promise to let you know when they are re-stocked. If you don't like a super fitted look, size up! I'm wearing a large. 

*Flannels are one of my favorite items of clothing HANDS DOWN. I love the versatility of them and usually treat them as an accessory by tying them around my waist.



*This tee is another piece I definitely would have snagged today! I would definitely size down if you're in between sizes. I'm wearing a medium here in black/white! I found three cardigans I loved and decided to style them all with this tee to show its versatility. Comes in 10 colors/patterns!
*This Halogen cardigan is hands down one of the softest cardigans I've ever worn. Available in six colors. I'm wearing a size large but definitely could have sized down.


*This cardigan is beautiful! I'm wearing a medium, so if you're in between sizes, I would size down.
DISCLAIMER: This cardigan is 50% wool, so if wool normally makes you itchy, I just wanted to give you that warning. :)



*SHOCKER. I'm blogging about Barefoot Dreams AGAIN. 
But seriously, they know the way to this girls heart. I found this whole rack of them after my try-on session and wanted to take them all home! 
Reviews are saying it's oversized and I would agree that you could size down. I'm wearing the S/M. Some reviews are saying it's also a house sweater only, but I would probably wear it for long travel days or road trips too!





*I wasn't going to blog any designer pieces because I wasn't totally sure if y'all would want to spend this much on single pieces during the sale, but I instantly fell in love with these bags while I was waiting for Josh to pick me up! I have serious handbag fever!!!



*My sunglasses aren't part of the sale, but they are on sale for just $52!
Tank & leggings are both size medium




For the record: these are not fake laughs. My husband is actually hilarious.


Cardigan (mauve latte size medium)

So this cardigan is what I would describe as a sweatshirt cardigan.
It's super lightweight which is awesome and I would definitely wear it over an athleisure outfit like this. It's more of a terry knit fabric which matches the theme of the outfit!





Pullover (charcoal size medium)
*I did not size down because I like the oversized fit.
Let's be honest, if you're trying to show off your shape, this pullover is not for you. 
If you just love wearing cozy pieces, this is the PERFECT pullover for you.
If your husband is also obsessed with you wearing things that are extremely cozy, this is for you. That is definitely the case in this household.

This photo was taken at 7:00pm-ish and it was 95 degrees out. If any of my neighbors saw me, they probably thought I was nuts. But it was worth it to show y'all just how cozy this pullover is.


Now for the in-store try-ons...

One dress worn three ways.

*This skirt has zero spandex. I didn't get a chance to try on my actual size. The size up fit comfortably but was definitely big in certain places. Would have loved to have tried a 30! It's a fun staple piece, especially if you live somewhere that has a longer summer but you're looking to start styling fall trends sooner rather than later.

*These leggings are as magical as everyone says, I would just recommend sizing up!



This whole outfit is $67!
(sized up to a large so I could tie it)
*The perfect everyday t-shirt for summer. You can easily transition this into fall with a dark cozy cardigan or an olive green cargo jacket.


*Jeans are a size 10 & I upsized to a large in the sweatshirt so it didn't fit crazy cropped.

I could go on and on about how much I LOVE this outfit.
More importantly, these JEANS. I could live in these jeans.
Thank you Khloe Kardashian for creating jeans that make this curvy girl feel like a dime. 
This is such a fun outfit for a casual date night with your man or a laid-back girls night.



*This top is a size medium in the color rose

I would almost size up for the length, but the top would then be a little wider up top for sure.
Here it is styled two ways. I'm a sucker for a longer sleeve that I can grab and snuggle up with, loved that this had extra long sleeves!




*Tunic is a size medium in navy

*This tunic is absolutely adorable. To all of my preggo followers, totally bump friendly!
Most could probably wear this as a dress, just not yours truly. But I included it as a dress so you can see the length! 
*I definitely could have sized down if I wanted it to fit like a normal top. You will need to layer with a bandeau or cami since the lattice detail is see-through.




THIS. OUTFIT. RIGHT. HERE.
Hands down the coziest outfit I put together.
This cardigan is the cardigan of my dreams. Well, really any Barefoot Dreams piece is my dream.

*This cardigan also comes in solid dark grey & sold silver. I am wearing a size medium.
*I upsized to a large in this top. I probably wouldn't wear it untied because I'm self conscious about my middle right now (workin' on it) but if you are looking for a soft fitted long sleeve tee, this is a wonderful option!


I'm sure you could tell I could have downsized the pants but I grabbed a large just in case.
The sweatshirt is a medium.

Ummmm yes, I could also live in this sweat outfit. 
This is a "work from home" dream.
*Also available in black!


*The jacket and leggings are both size medium!

*Never did I ever think I would be one to obsess over a gold jacket, but here I am.
This jacket is not part of the sale, but it's a piece that made it onto my fall wardrobe bucket list.

*I have two pairs of these leggings and have lived in them multiple times a week since owning them. Hence, their name. I strongly suggest purchasing AT LEAST two pairs of these if you can since they are at such an amazing price point. The reviews speak for themselves.




I also loved seeing these beauties in person! Such beautiful detailing! Both are under $100.
*They come in other colors, so be sure to click on their links to see if there's one you love.


Like I said before, I am so bummed I wasn't able to try on more pieces for you! 
I know so many of you wanted to see jackets and more sweaters, so I promise I will look for both of these categories when I go into Nordstrom this weekend.

I want to thank each and every one of you for coming to my blog to get ideas from the sale and for shopping with me. It means the world!

XO, 
Riley


Comments

Popular Posts